Monday, December 9, 2013

Trust

Trust is a scary, scary word.

In just 5 simple letters, an entire lifetime can be completely ruined.

How are you supposed to trust someone completely? Entirely? Forever?

I ask this question simply because I do not know the answer.

 Love baffles me, but I still believe in it. I love my mom. I love my major. I love my boyfriend.

But how do I know that I can trust them? Are love and trust actually meant to go hand-in-hand? I'm not sure.

I do know that love requires some level of trust, but how high does it have to go? Should it be just enough or enough to fill the oceans?

I trust my boyfriend with my life, with my heart. But when he goes out, I get nervous. I'm afraid of things that will probably never happen. I'm afraid of losing him again. I'm so afraid of something that I can't even put a name to. He, however, thinks I don't trust him.

Is that what trust is? Having no fear of something bad happening to the one you love? Is trust letting go of all your worries and all your cares? See, that's where I think his definition of trust is wrong.

Do I think my boyfriend is going to cheat on me? No.

Is the opportunity presenting itself to him? Maybe.

Does that make me nervous? Yes.

I don't think that trust has anything to do with being nervous about your loved ones.

Trust is simply giving someone the chance to hold your heart. Trust is the action of loving. Trust is knowing that at any moment, they could tear your world apart, but you still give them your world anyway.

That's my definition of trust. What's yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment